[sc name=”320×320″ ]
Line Technicians will be expected to safely perform all associated tasks with the construction and maintenance of all overhead and underground facilities (excluding vaults, manholes, and hot compounds). Line Technicians must be able to safely and efficiently troubleshoot and repair all distribution circuits and equipment both overhead (OH) and underground (UG). Line Technicians must be proficient in computer programs and able to embrace new technology in the utility field.
Line Technicians may work alone or be assigned to work with one (1) person in a lower classification (i.e.: Ground Technicians and/or Line Technician Apprentice) without direct supervision of a Supervisor. Must be responsible for working all jobs in accordance with company safety requirements, design standards and work methods.
This position requires the ability to work extended hours (including nights and weekends), work in inclement weather, and travel throughout the system in cases of emergencies and/or storms to restore the system.
Line Technicians are required to live within 40 minutes of the assigned Operations Complex within 90 days of their first day of employment.
This position requires successful completion of an Interview, Lineman Simulation Assessment Test (SAT), Department of Transportation (DOT) background check and DOT drug screen, and Post Offer Employment Test (POET).
Successful candidates will be provided relocation assistance (if applicable).
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have completed a line specialist apprenticeship program or equivalent training from a utility, utility contractor, or school
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working overhead primary/secondary distribution systems including construction and maintenance and troubleshooting
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Verifiable work experience as a Journeyman Class 1 or A Level Lineman
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]