[sc name=”320×320″ ]
A Customer Care Specialist manages customer concerns with the objective of maintaining positive customer relationships with our organization. This position is responsible for handling customer inquiries regarding; payment arrangements, make a payment, stop service, and outages calls both during and at times outside of normal schedule. May also be responsible for customer matters through various customer contact channels including telephone, email, websites and US mail. Focus is on meeting any customer requests and needs the first time, every time. Handles customer inquiries in a professional manner to develop and promote the highest possible degree of customer satisfaction, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Displays a heightened sense of urgency and accuracy when responding to 911 emergency and outage contacts for gas and/or electric customers (life/non-life threatening).
- Understand our products and services and offer the appropriate options to customers.
- Offer viable solutions when assisting customers and addressing opportunity areas.
- Remains abreast of all communications (email, bulletins) regarding process changes, customer information systems updates, HR policies, CCO Guidelines/Policies, company news and safety bulletins.
- Balance excellent customer service with compliance to regulatory guidelines.
- Use online knowledge management tool and other resources to respond to customer inquiries.
- Report IT system issues which impact customers (e.g., payment processing, IVR and Customer Information Systems) expeditiously.
- Display customer-focused behaviors during every contact (e.g. active listening, empathy, courtesy, respect, etc.)
- Respond efficiently to customer inquiries of customer calls, emails and/or other contact sources.
- Enter hours worked and exceptions accurately into the time reporting system (My Time) bi-weekly.
- Make balanced decisions for customers and the business.
- Receive constructive feedback and coaching with a positive attitude and adjust behaviors accordingly.
- Update customer accounts accurately after each transaction or service order request.
- Provide customers with accurate and complete information consistently to ensure First Call Resolution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems quickly and accurately while maintaining a dialogue with customers and meeting strict performance expectations
- High School/GED
- Ability to build trust and loyalty with customers, always handle confidential information and act with integrity
- Effective listening and communication skills and the ability to interact with external and/or internal customers in a professional, courteous and empathetic manner and possess critical thinking skills
- Two or more years of customer service experience (may include call center, hospitality, retail, etc.), preferably to include call center experience and experience promoting products and services in a call center environment
- Ability to work flexible work schedules and mandatory overtime, with minimal notice, based on business need
- Ability to work flexible schedule
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Terre Haute, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]