This key role will develop short-term and long-range strategic plans and drive execution for all direct-to-consumer and digital activities for the DSW brand. This leader will have P&L accountability for DSW.com as well as operational targets for broader DSW Group. This role will directly manage key functions like category management, site merchandising, site content and operations, dropship, etc. This role will work closely with other teams including UI/UX, product management, analytics, marketing and merchandising.
- Drives innovation for DSW through researching new revenue models, such as subscriptions, ‘rundles’, bundles with external and complementary products, including emerging DTC commerce revenue models to capture new customers and meet evolving customer expectations.
- Develops user flows to align marketing off-site tactics with a seamless, intuitive, and brand-building on-site experience. The incumbent will leverage qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize work for the UX/UI, Creative and Product team, assessing risk and tradeoffs
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Management and other teams to deliver high-quality customer growth to develop and execute high-quality experiences across the customer lifecycle (awareness, consideration, conversion, engagement, retention).
- Develops and implements the digital strategy and roadmap for the DSW brand to drive unique, sustainable and long-lasting relationships with DSW’s customer segments through a differentiated and compelling end-to-end experience:
- Establishes brand differentiation and sustains success through continuous analyses of market trends, competitive influences, and performance of digital outlets, including demographic analyses and gap analyses.
- This leader will have a P&L responsibility and will be accountable for results as well as broader long-term strategy – as such, the incumbent will need to be able to diagnose headwinds and tailwinds impacting the business and derive action plans to meet/beat targets across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed business strategies and tactics. You are able to develop innovative solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs
- Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality/high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc) to support your decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, build, launch, and lifecycle-manage successful products that customers love.
- Superb communication and influencing; aptitude to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority; proven ability to lead and motivate across multiple disciplines in order to accomplish a common goal
- Deep knowledge of online commerce solutions; proven track record for building competencies and driving DTC brand/product business with a customer-centric perspective and marketing/product development orientation
- Attention to detail executing complex projects with cross-functional dependencies; ability to prioritize and focus while effectively managing multiple and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in growing digital businesses
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA from leading institution preferred
- 10+ years of senior level experience in managing high-performing teams.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A