- To analyze raw materials, by products and finished products
- To analyze DRP samples every 2 hrs to control the quality of DRP production.
- Provide technical input on failures and repair techniques to plant personnel
- To perform full chemical & physical analysis on raw materials (iron ore pellets, lime, Ferro-alloys DRI etc.) purchased to check the compliance to the company specifications.
- Analysis of EAF, LRF SLAGS
- Analyze slag samples for process control in SMP
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on instrument and electrical equipment failure events to lead reliability improvement projects
- Carry out quality checks on water samples supplied by DRP to ensure quality water supplies to ancillary units in DRP.
- To carry out quality checks of gases & amines to enable DRP in setting the process parameters
- Carry out calibration and maintenance on instruments (ICP, X-ray, Leco C & S analyzers) and prepare chemical reagents/solutions required to carry out chemical analysis of DR production samples, raw materials and Slag’s.
- Record and report problems faced, break down or damages, chemicals & spares required to his superior to ensure smooth functioning of DRP lab
- Improve overall performance and reliability of Direct Reduction Plant Identifies appropriate preventive maintenance techniques and implement to prevent equipment failures
- Comply with the company safety, health & environmental aspects at the work place to avoid injuries, damage to equipment/environment
- Adherence of Quality Systems such as IMS, ISO17025 as per company’s testing standard requirements, procedures and work instructions.
Bachelor’s DegreeKnowledge of ISO17025 standard requirementsLearning skillsAnalytical skillsSafety skills5-8 years in Chemical lab of integrated steel plantsExperience of working in a DR plant laboratory
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.