We are seeking a Drainage Lead to work on a site-based role in Merthyr Tydfil. This will be a full-time site-based role.
We are looking to pay the market rate and the role will be Inside IR35.
Drainage discipline lead responsible for dealing with all drainage issues on site and collaboratively working with the contractor to plan works in advance and validate any assumptions made in the design.
The role involves:
- Working closely with the Contractor’s site engineers and drainage sub-contractors to plan the works and resolve issues.
- Preparing responses to Technical Queries relating to drainage issues raised by the Contractor.
- Maintaining the 500 Series of the Works Information inc. Specification Appendices and Drainage Schedules.
- Reviewing and recommending acceptance, or otherwise, of contractor’s NCR/Defect proposals.
- Reviewing/accepting drainage-related Materials Approval Requests (MARs) submitted by the Contractor.
- Carrying-out responsibilities as required by the relevant Inspection Test Plans (ITPs).
- Inspecting drainage assets installed by the contractor and managing an Inspector/Clerk of Works.
- Reviewing drainage CCTV, verifying contractor’s rectification proposals and tracking & reviewing repairs.
- Plan, manage and undertake the compilation of drainage handover information inc. review of contractor’s records e.g., redline markups, asset information and maintenance manuals.
- Input into and support the production of the CDM H&S File.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment requirements and identify improvement opportunities.
- Previous experience of working on design / construction of large highways projects in a drainage context.
- Competence in using Mircodrainage software.
- Familiarity with 3D design workflow – Civil 3D, Navisworks.
- Previous experience of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Manual Contract Document for Highway Works (MCHW) and Specification for Highways Works (SHW).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid UK Driving Licence – essential.
- Experience and competence for driving ‘Chapter 8’ liveried vehicles within Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) – training available.
- Local resource – preferred.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution or equivalent – preferred.
- CSCS Card – essential.
- Valid Safety Critical Medical – essential (can be obtained shortly prior to commencement);
- Relevant academic qualification(s).
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.