The Store Manager Candidate supports the Store Manager in the effective implementation of all store processes including employee supervision, staffing, inventory management, stocking and receiving, paperwork, and store needs. This position is utilized to foster interactive development of an external candidate for the Store Manager role and is to be held for a limited period.
- Act as a role model by following company procedures and policies as outlined in the employee handbook, SOP manual and company communications.
- Assist with store merchandising by facilitating and/or participating in staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; ensuring that merchandise is presented according to established practices and store manager direction; and properly utilizing merchandise fixtures, signing and pricing of merchandise.
- Assist in all aspects of inventory management (including proper execution of damages, markdowns, register scanning, paperwork and facility controls); prepare and conduct inventories.
- Assist in recruiting and staffing activities.
- Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets.
- Ensure the safe deposit of all company funds in the designated bank.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, well-stocked stores; provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Participate in store opening and closing activities.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE and STARS programs, etc.)
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions, including those necessary to generate reports.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit controls.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a retail environment preferred for external candidates
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A