Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
We need people who perform well when every moment counts
The heroes of a situation are the ones who can meet high pressure with high focus, high determination, and high productivity. If that’s you, you’re in high demand here.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Document Controller under general supervision performs a variety of document control functions for a project or department.
- Coordinates the flow of documents between project operations, engineering disciplines, construction team, or other department groups. Incumbent may be responsible for a small-d project.
- Will have knowledge of both the work processes of document control and also the use of electronic systems used to manage documentation.
- Processes one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines. Ensures that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used how many and which signatures will be required for certain approvals, etc.) are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project.
- Receives, tracks, and monitors documents using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produces logs, transmittals, and other reports as required. Enters data and produces reports using other standard office automation or department-specific computer applications
- Scans documents for electronic storage.
- Maintains an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements. Expedites review, signature approval, and release of supplier and internally produced documents.
- May perform some clerical duties such as light typing, filing, answering phones, messenger service, etc.
- Assists junior document control staff to ensure effective implementation of project-specific procedures.
- Performs other duties commensurate with functional level and responsibilities.
- Contributes as a team player who is deadline driven and works well with others.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in related discipline with minimum 5 years of document control experience in an engineering design / consulting environment.
- Proficient keyboard skills and a working knowledge of MS Windows and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software is required.
- Assignments will require a working knowledge of ACONEX
- Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project personnel and management.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.