Sales Operations provides the sales organization with tools, data, and resources to enable the team they support to drive the business. They may be responsible for the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. The Sales Operations team aggressively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Track and manage dealers’ vehicles from order entry to shipment
- Assist dealers with queries raised on order placement in Order Work Bench (OWB), working with MEO product marketing managers and NA order fulfilment team to ensure OWB is ready for order placements. Scheduling of vehicles for production and shipment documentation
- Work with the ME dealers to correct vehicle order discrepancies to facilitate timely release
- Ensure dealer orders matches allocation/consensus
- Ensure systems readiness for acceptance of orders (new or carry over models)
Production & Shipment tracking
- Actively interface with International Product Center (IPC) and off-shore production plants as required
- Provide field teams with order pipeline reports, and logistics and order tracking support
- Highlight potential delays in production and shipment to MEO management and field teams.
- Liaise with dealers, product managers, sales managers, source plants and IPC to resolve any issues on order and shipment discrepancies.
- Weekly tracking, analyzing and communication of the order and shipment tracker tool with IPC and dealers
- Support MEO vehicle wholesale objective by liaising with GMNA logistics, off-shore source plants and DFYoung
- Participate in the weekly shipment calls
- New launch order and shipment tracking
- Publish weekly reports to the field and marketing teams
- Support wholesales FC
- Process conformity certificate application and payments
Distribution and Sales ad-hoc requests
- Provide regular dealer updates on allocation, order details and shipping schedules
- Administration support for dealer and MEO system enquiries incl. PRs/budget control support
- Manage sales allowances process, guidelines and claims
- Responsible for dealer communication related to production and shipment
- Establish strong collaboration between dealers and distribution team, source plants, logistics providers and field team to ensure visibility and transparency
- Develop and manage regular communication to dealers with relevant information, lead activities to engage with dealers, identify issues and resolve through regular operational calls
- Focus on high risk, large value shipments and provide pre-alerts to dealers
- Assess communication frequency / means / recipients to identify room for improvement
- Co-ordinate logistics
- Manage all distribution data and reports and follow up with all stakeholders for timely updates
- Develop ad-hoc reports as required by leadership
Additional Job Description
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of similar / automotive experience
- MS Office tools, SAP (supportive)
- Understanding of the automotive / logistics business is preferred but not essential.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Interpersonal skills required for internal and external relationships
- Analytical skills to be able to interpret data
- Problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems
- Business Planning and Customer Relationship Management
- Presentation skills
- Working with Ambiguity
- Timely Decision Making
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Action and Detail Oriented
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteeropportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities (in GM facilities that provide disability access). If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.