Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our “Insanely Customer Centric” Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
To enhance the overall effectiveness of the CEO’s Office and the Regional Management Board
To promote and support the creation of a Continuous Improvement culture across the Region
To collaborate on leveraging the Group Smart Connect digital platform to improve communication in the region and raise the profile of MENA in the network
To manage / report on progress of key regional programs
MENA Management Board
- Leverage cross-functional business knowledge and expertise to make recommendations on and/or challenge decisions/activities of the Management Board
- Represent the Management Board during Countries visits
Countries Performance Reviews
- Develop and keep up to date CBR (Countries Business Reviews) standard formats that ensure Global and local business priorities are adequately covered
- Support Countries Senior Management Teams for the preparation
- Prepare briefing notes for the Board in advance of CBRs
- Attend CBRs with the CEO and Regional Functional Heads and manage/follow up minutes for all CBRs, in line with internal & external audits requirements
- Support the budget review process in coordonating between the Board and the Countries
Reporting and Controlling of Business Performance Indicators
- Keep the Regional and the Countries’ Management Teams up to date with trends of business drivers impacting financial performance (weekly volumes, costs drivers) and upcoming challenges
- Consolidate, validate with Countries and distribute to the Regional Board and Global Finance weekly revenue forecasts and monthly Post Billing Reports for the Region
- Understand and challenge the Countries on internal trends changes affecting performance
- Review Countries budget submissions with Regional CFO & VP Commercial and provide recommendations
- Develop the performance reporting on different KPIs
Regional Recognition Programs
- Design a cross-functional, performance based Country Awards program that encourages competition within the Region, motivates the Country teams and supports the main regional priorities
- Support Functional Heads with their specific recognition programs
- Manage/review submissions of MENA Countries to Global recognition programs (such as DPDHL CEO Awards)
Plan and deliver Regional Country Managers’ meetings and conferences, in collaboration with the CEO’s Office Manager
- Prepare CEO’s external & internal presentations for conferences, kick-on, functional meetings, MENA business reviews with Global Management Board: storyboarding, designs, presentation supports. Liaise with MENA Marketing Director when external agencies are involved
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Minmum of 5-8 years’ experience in General Management of large and complex service related business, preferably in the Air Express Industry and/or with MNCs.
- Experience in a similar capacity would be preferred.
- Familiarity with the DHL Express organization is a distinct plus.
- Post-Graduate Degree in Business Economics/Finance or equivalent
- Highly proficient English language skills, spoken and written. Proficiency in French and Arabic is a plus.
- Very strong understanding of business drivers and indicators of the Express industry across all functions, including an expertise in Commercial and Financial KPIs
- Strong process development and embedding capabilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills, relentless on follow-through, and ability to effectively leverage knowledge for the overall benefit of the organization
- Ability to exercise influence without direct authority and ensure positive & collaborative interactions with all functions & across all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively interact with Senior Management at Global, Regional and Country levels
- Ability to constantly and proactively re-invent the purpose and scope of the role in order to maintain its relevance in line with the changing nature and priorities of the organization
- Ability to apply First Choice tools across the organization
- Strong internal communications capabilities
- Understanding of the macro-economics of the Region and its impact on the organization
- User of Financial and Operations Performance tools
- International business experience, working and living in multicultural and multi-racial environment.