Marriott International, Inc
Job Number 22093631
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location The St. Regis Almasa Hotel Cairo, New Administrative Capital, Cairo, Egypt, Egypt VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Department leader for all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Responsible for employee satisfaction and conducting administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner for Recreation teams. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while meeting financial goals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Directing Recreation Operations
- Supervising and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Monitoring quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Managing outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
- Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Developing and managing the children’s program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
- Managing group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
- Managing pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Overseeing all Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
- Overseeing employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participating in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Coordinating all training activities for employees in department.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicating expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit eg.indeed.com.