Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
– To be the link between the Director of Sales & Marketing and the entire sales team.
– Leads and supervises the corporate Sales Team.
– Responsible for achieving the Governmental Sales targets
– Oversees the day to day sales activities, implements action plans and accomplishes goals and targets set forth in the Business Plan and the Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Assist strategically in implementing, driving and managing all hotel related sales initiatives to pro-actively generate and maximize business and revenue.
– Ensure that the sales team drive, manage and maintain robust positive relations with all key accounts and business partners of MH&R and the hotel.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
– Establishes and maintains files of major accounts and assists the Director of Sales & Marketing in maintaining the accounts management system.
– Maintain an up to date account and contact database and details in property management system.
– Actively involved in the preparation of the Marketing Plan as requested by Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Actively participates in achieving hotel’s budgets especially rooms budget.
– Responsible for achieving personal and departmental sales targets.
– Plays a major role in motivating and training the corporate Sales Team to ensure their best performance.
– Establishes good working relationships within the department and with other departments.
– Assist in setting up detailed orientation plans for new team members and ensure that comprehensive company, market and portfolio knowledge is acquired.
– Ensure MH&R Sales & Marketing Policies and Standard Operational Procedures are adhered to at all times.
– To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
– To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations
– To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
– Maintains the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, staff and employees.
– Maintains professional business confidentiality
– Good knowledge of Sales & Catering, Microsoft Office & Microsoft outlook. Uses technology available for reports, communication and client correspondence.
– Flexible to adapt to sudden increase in working hours as per business needs.
– Assist in the preparation of the annual Sales & Marketing budget and business plan taking into consideration Market Mix, occupancy levels, Average Room Rate & Rev. Par, yield management and revenue streams throughout both rooms and food & beverage.
– Gives feedback on developing, implementing and managing rate structures and strategies through market data review and demand analysis.
– Highly involved in developing, implementing and managing the process of developing sales leads and qualifying the same across all business units within the hotel, ensuring all key employees are familiar with and understand this process.
– Generates and maintains major accounts and assigned segments through various sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment, FAM trip, sight inspections).
– Ensures thorough and complete coverage of sales team for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity.
– Assist in setting up all sales objectives, action plans and team’s targets under the guidance of Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Assist and closely monitors accounts’ revenue and business production from corporate market and attend the monthly review meetings with Revenue Manager and Sales Managers.
– Ensures that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities of sales team
– Reviews direct competition and ensures complete awareness by all sales team of competitor’s activities at all times.
– Review, analyse market and competition changes and implement proactive action plans to meet these changes in cooperation with Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Consolidate month end Sales reports applicable information for the review of Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Chairs sales team morning briefing in the absence of Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Attends departmental, Communication & Revenue meeting.
– Minimum two accounts entertainment per week.
– Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within the hotel.
– Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions in conjunction with the department head, to best expedite these situations.
– Establishes and maintains histories on every account with his/her market segments.
– Attends the daily Departmental Sales briefing.
– Conducts weekly reviews, including sales activity reports from his/her subordinates.
– Conduct Management Development and Performance Review for all sales managers.
– Submit weekly sales activity report to the Director of Sales & Marketing
– Joins in the weekly Yield meeting with the Reservation Manager to review high and low demand period for the hotel and adjust the selling strategies accordingly.
– Sells and promotes Hotel and facilities at every opportunity.
– Monitors new accounts and monthly productivities and report back.
– Develops Prospects Accounts, and implement a Sales Action Plan for each account.
– Present at the start of functions related to accounts handled.
– Seeks intelligence information from accounts and competition.
– Interacts and liaises closely with Front Office, Reservations and Food & Beverage Departments.
– Conducts two Sales Blitz, every month in the local market.
– Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
– Assist with Departmental Training Program.
– Conduct Site Inspections.
– Schedule and conduct a minimum of 5-7 personal sales calls and 10 telephone sales calls per day, ensuring the outcome of all sales calls are monitored measuring the success of each call and ensuring the appropriate management and follow up is carried out through daily morning and afternoon departmental briefings.
– Identify, source & develop business opportunities and negotiate contracts with potential partners from across all market segments and business feeders.
– Assist to maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of sales operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs.
– Ensure departments employees, including yourself possess a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
– Ensure a consistently high standard of grooming aligned to the hotels grooming policy is followed and by yourself and the team.
– Actively review guest and business partner’s comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance satisfaction.
– Possess a detailed knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and other’s within the local area.
– Actively participate in business partner and guest events when requested.
– Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured.
– Attend major corporate functions to network and promote the hotel.
– Obtain and maintain an awareness of community, business, political and social market driven factors which may affect the hotel’s financial performance and operating objectives.
– Ensure that the room and conference inventories are reviewed weekly, monthly and bi-monthly where strategies are formulated to address low occupancy need periods at least 2 months ahead.
– Answer all incoming correspondence (leads, inquiries, requests, offers, confirmations, etc.) are replied to within 24 hours.
– Prepare weekly sales call report and provide details to the DOSM.
– Establish and maintain a monthly report to include the summary of the past activities, prospects and trends, and analysis of competitor’s sales and promotion efforts, forecast for all sales activities & production/conversion figures.
– Manage and maintain complete and supported records of all sales agreements, contract and quotes for the hotel.
– Ensure the Sales & Marketing team and you are familiar with and all sales related company documentation, particularly the relevant MH&R Operational Standards Manual (OSM)
– Take lead involvement in establishing and driving the price policy together with the hotel’s management.
– Ensure that the GDS’s and other Electronic Distribution Systems are up-dated on regular basis.
– Ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual as well as electronically is maintained at all times.
– Review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources to foster employee productivity, satisfaction and adequate manning.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.