Job description / Role
Director of Rooms
The Director of Rooms will lead the Front Office, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Spa and recreation. This is a hands on role that provides strategic leadership and functional guidance to operational leaders and partners. The Director of Rooms works closely with other executive committee members and department heads to support guest service and colleagues engagement throughout the hotel while at the same time maximizing overall hotel performance
What is in it for you:
– Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
– Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
– Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
– Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
– Ensure brand and service standards are in place, maintained, audited and celebrated
– To take the necessary action to maximize rooms revenue by increasing occupancy and average room rate, in order to exceed budget.
– Supports Food & Beverage Department in promotions to increase revenues in these departments via direct selling by Rooms Division staff.
– To maintain careful control over costs in the rooms department (overtime, room supplies).
– Assists the Sales effort of the Hotel by maintaining good client relationships (Key executives from travel trade, airlines, commercials, etc.)
– Assists the Management in the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, replacements and investments planning and capital projects
– Coordination and information with the Housekeeping, Spa and recreation
– To maintain on a day-to-day basis the standards and policies of the Hotel as agreed by the General Manager
– Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and, in a state of preparedness for any emergency, which may occur
– Execution of regular technical/skills training
– Is responsible for setting up and maintaining ongoing training programs in the Rooms Division in conjunction with the Director of Talent & Culture and Learning & Development Manager
– Ensures Front Office policies and procedure manuals are complete and kept up-to-date at all times, including all relevant job descriptions.
– Monitoring and supervision of consistent and accurate handling of the Repeat Guest Database within the Front Office computer system to have constantly proper mailing material available.
– Establishment of the monthly Rooms Division Report for the General Manager.
– Make sure discounts, complimentary, up-grading are administered and approved according to the internal policy.
– Involved in the development and execution of the hotel strategic plan
– Lead the performance review process of the division
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.