Big Fish Recruitment
Job description / Role
Head of Legal / Director – Legal
Our client is a leading UAE Real Estate Management company. They currently seek a Head of legal to join their Dubai based team.
• Responsible to provide complete in house legal services on all matters pertaining to the company in its operations and corporate affairs.
• Providing proactive, in-depth, legal, business-focused advice to the business, as well as implementing initiatives and processes in order to set standards and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, ethical behavior and responsibility across the business.
• Defend and protect the interests of the Company.
• Identify potential risks and look for ways to mitigate them
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide legal consultation, advice and support to companies across the business in respect of both existing and prospective matters, and to identify, contain and manage exposure and contingent risk.
• Assisting the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
• Advising on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business.
• Suggest and advise on various legal matters such as commercial contracts, dispute resolution, regulatory, employment and governance.
• Ensure legal documents are drafted, reviewed and interpreted as per applicable laws.
• Take appropriate steps on different types of legal issues.
• Following up with external lawyers on litigation related to the Company.
• Draft, advising, negotiating core business agreements and terms to establish and set-up new approved Joint Ventures/companies, leasing, supply and procurement, sub-contracting, HR and finance agreement, to conclude the required business within the legal requirements to serve and protect the interest of the company.
• While advising Management, research the necessary comparable legal procedures and laws, as well as comparable cases.
• Knowledge on how to apply the law to the company’s circumstances.
• Analyze and standardize the approved legal procedures for Company businesses to ensure effective processing and to avoid future liability.
• Represent and defend all leasing cases at the Dubai/Abu Dhabi Municipality to resolve the issues ensuring protection of Company’s interests
• ? Provide counsel and guidance on matters including liabilities, indemnities, contracts, commercial proposals, competition, and construction related specifications.
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
• Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations as per current law/legislation
• Attend meeting of Board of Directors and shareholders of the Company and take the minutes of the meeting.
• Monitor compliance with Board’s policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
• 10 – 12 years of experience
• Sound judgment and the ability to independently multitask
• Excellent knowledge about UAE laws and corporate governance