Job description / Role
Scaling groceries business unit (the only company globally with this business model)
We require true hustlers who have an entrepreneurial spirit mixed with process understanding and analytical brains.
As a Director you will have end-to-end responsibility for our groceries vertical.
Qualified candidates are independent self-starters who are good with people; thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy, results-focused environment. Leadership, motivation, and organization are some of the key traits that you exemplify.
Your goal is to grow the direct to consumer interface and create a successful and scalable business brand that can then be launched into other markets. You will drive the branding, packaging, category management and all things related to the brand. Additionally you will be accountable for the entire P&L of this brand and vertical.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
– Category management and item selection
– Vendor relationships/negotiations
– End-to-End P&L ownership
– Consumer research to understand how to expand/optimize the offering
– Launch new sites/cities for expansion
– Negotiate and onboard suppliers
– Creating and executing local marketing and business development opportunities to increase awareness and visibility for this vertical.
– Setting up partnerships and managing relationships with aggregators to grow demand
– Quite simply, do whatever it takes to introduce customers to our brand and ensure satisfaction with every order – some days, this may mean analyzing data, & other days, it may mean taste testing 20 items.
WHAT YOU MUST BE:
– A total hustler; You don’t fold under pressure; in fact, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Be a sleuth; Have a good nose for sniffing out problems in a complex system.
– A problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
– Detail oriented; your Google calendar can be crammed, but it’s organized, totally manageable and you don- t miss a beat.
– A charmer; you can easily identify and network with your key partners in a city.
– A jack of many trades; from biz dev and operations to customer support, and you’re excited to flex each of these muscles.
– A quarterback; we’ve got a launch playbook, now you’ve just got to execute to a T and call a few audibles here and there.
– A person of high integrity; you are running the show on a launch and we need trust that you’ve got the best interests of the company in mind.
– You’ll have a lot of responsibility, so you’ve got to step up to the plate.