This position is interchangeable with both housekeeping and food service positions. Persons holding any of these positions may be cross-trained for the other two.
- Provides assistance to residents who regularly or intermittently need to go to the toilet at night.
- Answers emergency call signals.
- Charts in individual Resident Care Chart when appropriate. Completes incidents report when applicable.
- Takes temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure vitals.
- Monitors residents remaining in units for temporary illnesses such as a cold, flu, etc. Sees that these residents have trays delivered to them for each meal.
- Receives report from previous shift and organizes shift assignments.
- Makes regular rounds for Plan B and Plan C residents.
- Observes, reports, documents any changes noted with resident to Resident Services Manager and/or Director or LVN on duty.
- Cares for, cleans, replaces resident laundry and facility supplies, equipment, appliances, etc.
- Performs other duties as necessary or directed.
- Admits, transfers and discharges residents.
- Assists residents with:
- Bedmaking and tidying of unit
- Eating, unit trays, nourishments
- Toileting and dressing activities (skin care, bathroom help, weights, etc.)
- Informs manager of charges for any medical supplies given to residents.
- Attends training sessions designed to improve skills or job knowledge.
- Assists relatives, visitors and guests in directing requests or concerns to appropriate person/
- Assists community agencies such as hospice/home care in providing care to residents.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Complete a first aid training course
- Have the education and experience required for the position
- Will have a good driving record if transporting residents
- Will have a criminal record clearance
- Will have a physicial examination and tuberculosis (TB) clearance
Company: Dignity Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A