The Medical Assistant (MA) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the Nevada statutes and regulations and for satisfactorily completing the orientation period that includes demonstrating skills and behaviors that meet a fully competent level of performance. The MA maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the physician / provider’s practice under the clinical supervision of the Physician, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, physician’s assistant or licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Documenting patient concerns, patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patient’s medical record for the physician’s review
- Administrating medications specifically directed by the physician and performing accurate vital sign measurements and documentation.
- Assisting in prepping patients for examinations or procedures, assisting with procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data
Qualification & Experience:
- Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association)
- Medical terminology, familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding procedures and reference tools, and pharmacology appropriate to the Medical Assistant scope of practice required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills required
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Medical Assistant program, or military training that is equivalent to an accredited Medical Assistant program, required
Company: Dignity Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A