Ready to put your design management expertise to work on marqueeinfrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of engineering tasks on large scale, complex projects Parsons is now hiring a Design Manager for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your advanced project and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, teamoriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. In this role you will integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and startup aspects of a large, complex project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. May manage a subtask of a significantly large and complex project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project, including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. Previous project engineering experience is a prerequisite for this position. Relocation to the project site may be required.
- Responsible for leading infrastructure design development, overall management of the infrastructure design services provided by others by managing a group of technical specialists.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of the design for the numerous projects by verifying consistency in the designs produced by the design team with respect to adherence to the design criteria and required standards. Manages the scope development and tendering process by the senior engineering staff for procurement of the design consultants as well as third party reviewers.
- Develops the scope of engineering work, reports, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Performs various engineering and design assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories studied in a four-year university engineering program, and available data in the civil engineering field.
- Prepares and leads in fundamental engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs including preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Participates in the VE and manages all VE studies, constructability and other workshops and drives the on-schedule submittal of the design deliverables. Keeps Project Management Team informed as to changes made to ensure timely processing of contract change orders. Maintains overall knowledge of drawings, specifications, general contracts and time schedules. Manages the responses to design RFIs and review/comment on change orders.
- Ensures all infrastructure design works are comprehensive and discussed with the various engineers for the best implementation and installation of services in coordination with other parties and contractor. May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies in public meetings to support the client.
- Provides necessary technical support and design review / audit services to project management team ensuring the correctness and quality of implementation of requirements.
- Supports the Infrastructure Director in performing other tasks as deemed necessary related infrastructure aspects of the projects.
- Identifies and documents changes in scope.
- Determines the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for technical aspects of the contract and monitors progress.
- Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned technical personnel, and makes reassignments as project needs arise.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project, as well as the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
- Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study.
- Participates in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines.
- Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
- Understands the client’s business goals in order to enhance the project work.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Acts as Project Manager’s deputy for certain activities, such as attending meetings in his/her absence, etc.
- Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
- Reviews and approves change orders. Notifies project management and other affected personnel of all changes.
- Participates regularly in decision making meetings with the client and project management.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from repute western university
- 15+ years of related field engineering experience with at least 5 years of middle east experience.
- Broad general engineering background and previous supervisory experience in a project engineering role is required
- Hands on experience in delivering master planning & infrastructure projects
- The Design Manager (DM) shall be able to independently lead the team to carry out designs of Wet Utilities distribution systems like potable water, firefighting and irrigation networks.
- The DM shall have basic experience and knowledge of preparing and developing hydraulic models for pressure and gravity utilities, design reports and use of Bentley WaterCAD / WaterGems / OpenUtilities / SewerCAD / SewerGems or related software.
- Shall be familiar with load demand calculations for large private developments and/ or large government projects. Shall be conversant with Water / Irrigation / Firefighting Authority regulations such as DEWA, ADDC/ ADWEA / TRANSCO, DM, ADM, DCD, ADCD and other relevant authorities within the gulf region. Shall be conversant with the British and American codes as well as DEWA / DM / ADDC / ADSSC regulations for the potable water, irrigation and sanitary sewer designs. Shall have experience of liaising with DEWA / DM for obtaining NOCs and Design Approvals, etc.
- Shall be aware about the requirements for the hydraulic design for the Pump stations. Shall have good experience in creating utility cross sections as per requirements of local authorities in the Gulf region like RTA (Dubai), DMT (Abu Dhabi), MOMRA (KSA), etc. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Professional registration may also be required
- Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.