Requisition ID: 234898
Requisition Posting End Date: 05/25/2021
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
- Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the design of all aspects of Utilities and Utility Structures, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Familiar with standard suppliers of systems, equipment and materials for all disciplines of Utility construction.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering/ management activities on medium size and complexity projects with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinates technical issues with Engineering, Design Contractor and other departments on project including constructability requirements and reviews.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work elements of the NEOM project. Manages work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Coordinates Design Contractor efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, including with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups within Design Contractor Organization and their Subcontractors.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and trends/ change orders.
- Participates in technical workshops and design review meetings with the Client, Design Contractor and Construction.
- Coordinates related activities with Engineering Management and other departments e.g. procurement, construction and project controls.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Reviews and checks design contractor’s submittals, identifying and assessing design issues relating to constructability.
- Assists the Construction group with solving general engineering issues throughout the course of the construction phase.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques for utilities infrastructure (water, power, ICT) the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant Bechtel design guides. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to constructability issues related to construction methods, available construction technology and materials.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE and relevant Bechtel Standard Computer Applications to perform the work.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to highway engineering.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The above is normally acquired through: A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, ORA professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, OR Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND
Experience of Management of Design Contractors undertaking utilities design or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.