- To prepare and cook food according to standard procedures, recipe cards, photographs and given instructions.
- To help the Chef de partie to establish standard recipes and ensure the compliance with them.
- Constantly inspect taste, temperature and visual appeal, make sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- To assist the Sous Chef, Jr. Sous Chef and Chef de partie in training associates.
- To participate in product development and in controlling the smooth operation of the kitchen.
- To ensure food quality, food taste, food presentation and food requisition.
- To have a good knowledge of cuisines to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position in an efficient and productive manner.
- To be able to supervise employee and manage a shift.
- To ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed and the kitchen is always clean, neat and tidy.
- To assist the Sous Chef and Jr. Sous Chef in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and to help maintain a high Standard of food preparation and presentation.
- To have full knowledge of Four Seasons Food Standards.
- To ensure all equipment is in full working order.
- To ensure an adequate supply of all products prepared on a timely basis.
- To do requisition of all items needed for the following day from the food storeroom, non-food storeroom and stewarding department.
- To prepare exciting and appealing room amenity when needed.
- To demonstrate and maintain at all times a professional behavior and positive attitude.
- To communicate regularly with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to achieve an excellent rapport throughout the food production department and in developing new menu items as well the quality of all food prepared in the kitchen he supervises.
- To schedule all kitchen employees.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management. This includes packaging design, procurement; marketing and merchandising of food products in conjunction with Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director.
- To have a full working knowledge of halal food, service and preparation.
- To execute Alternative Cuisine and Spa Cuisine.
- To be certified in Food Service Sanitation as available and to implement protocols.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 2 Years of experience in a similar position with a Luxury Hotel or resort
- This position requires an applicant with general food knowledge. Candidates must have good personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to perform this position to Four Seasons Standards is required. In addition to discreetly clearing tables, the Server Assistant performs side work, polishes silverware, and refills condiment containers and crumbs tables.
- The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and a can-do approach to any task!
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Degree & Diploma in the Hotel Management
Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
Unique strong culture – diversity of 50 different nationalities
Living accommodation in a high quality, well-resourced apartment
Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Employee Recognition Programs
Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
Paid annual home leave tickets
Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
Free transportation to work
Hotel will apply for the work authorization for a successful candidate.
Learn more about employment with Four Seasons:-
You could also learn more about employment with Four Seasons via the following channels:
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.