Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you’ll be doing
Our Demand Planner will ensure our company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting practices.
Demand Planning and Analysis:
Apply planning and forecasting techniques regarding demand and capacity and interpret and communicate results to relevant team members
Seek new approaches to generate greater forecast accuracy and improved analysis of sales forecasts inputs Review sales inputs and ensure an appropriate Sales Forecast is developed and consistently renewed
Apply planning and modelling techniques to investigate and evaluate demand scenarios and the impact of relevant constraints in order to ensure an appropriate basis is selected for the Demand Plan Seek opportunities to deploy improved tools and techniques to enable achievement of better plans and business decisions Assist in the development of the Demand Plan; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
Supply Chain Planning:
• Collect and analyze data needed for and output from network design/optimization • Perform basic activities to manage the space at the location using siloed solutions (e.g. Excel, Access, CAD, etc.)
System Capabilities & Technology:
- Submit new business requirements to tech team regarding systems and tools
• Provide direction on significant deviations from the use of organizational systems • Utilize available systems according to the needs and demand of the business
- Suggest improvement on localized system developments Your Profile:
- Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
- Good understanding of major project management methodology
- Able to lead cross-functional/organizational project teams
- Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
- Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
- General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization’s system
- General awareness of demand planning systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization’s system
- Proficiency in demand planning systems and capable of delivering training initiatives
• Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus • 2+ years of experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or any relevant field
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.