Nestle Middle East
Job description / Role
MENA Demand and Supply Planning Manager- Confectionery
Location: Dubai, UAE
Company: Nestle – Head Office
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Demand and Supply Planning, this position will function as a Supply Chain Co-pilot for the confectionery business unit, whilst also partnering with the wider Supply Chain and Technical teams to lead on availability of all materials, implementing cost saving initiatives, engage and energize the team, optimize finished goods and define strategic and tactical plans.
In addition to the above, this person will also be working closely with our co-manufacturers across MENA geographies to ensure the same above standards are met.
A day in the life of
• Co-Pilot Job within the Business Unit managing the interface between the Business and the corporate supply chain functions in the Head Office, Supply Chain and factory teams in MENA Geographies, and EMENA Above the Market Planning teams.
• Influence, lead, and coordinate with the larger supply chain team: Logistics, Procurement, Inter Market Supply, and Order to cash to establish a continuous improvement mindset
• Lead Total Delivered Cost initiatives within the Business Unit in alignment with the lean value stream manager to identify, activate and lead projects with substantial savings to positively contribute to the Confectionery bottom line.
• Lead Demand and Supply Planning Team of three across the MENA geographies including the interaction with Nestle’s manufacturing units in Egypt and UAE, alongside Nestle’s co-manufacturers across MENA geographies.
• Ensure fresh & on time supply to achieve desired customer service level for domestic & Inter-market supply countries, while optimizing cost across value chain.
• Strategically look into optimizing finished goods supply across geographies, and develop contingency plans based on business priorities, criticality and risk assessment to ensure business continuity
• Strategically define capacities and sourcing strategies by coordinating with the Above the Market Planning teams and technical teams to ensure that Business growth are being addressed correctly through CAPEX project
• Tactically define inventory strategy taking into considerations category dynamics in co-ordination with full value chain to optimize resources across value chain and reduce the waste
• Driving efficiency on new launch/ promotional planning by engaging with brand and CCSD teams on implementing tools and processes to strengthen the MBP Cycle.
• Continuous monitoring of KPIs evolution, with the aim of improving Service level & Accuracy through S&OP process & Statistical Forecasting while reducing the cost
• Drive tools and knowledge, with the team, to analyze and enable data driven decision making for business efficiencies.
• Enabling better service levels for exports outside MENA by integrating in local planning process, to ensure NDM is considered and maintains to be a highly reliant factory.