Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
About the team
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is one of our highest growth teams, having doubled in size over the last 4 years and are central to supporting some of PwC’s key growth initiatives. We bring together best in class financial modelling and the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help our clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
We are now looking to recruit a Manager to join our forward thinking team to help drive us forward on our growth path. We are looking for someone with a commercial mind-set who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and can deliver commercially “game changing” insight to our clients and enhance the Deal value through compelling analysis.
Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings;
– Deal Analytics – increasing confidence in the deal by developing deal models, deal analytics or restructuring modelling
– CFO Office – delivering insight and increasing transparency through strategic planning, short term forecasting and dynamic board reporting
– CEO Office – delivering value creation opportunities focused on profitability analysis, strategic option analysis and pricing strategy
About the role
As a Manager, you will be driving a broad range of assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and investors of our clients.
Your first assignment may be working with CFOs or CEOs of leading Private Equity backed or FTSE listed businesses to:
– Assess shareholder return by implementing rapid analytics to assess the value drivers of the target business
– Help a newly carved out business implement the reporting, planning and analytics tools they need to be day one ready and deliver on the value in their equity plan
– Guide management’s pricing decisions by evaluating the impact of price on margins and volume
– Understand the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering, which can be a one off exercise or for ongoing use
This is a very rewarding role, to work in a high performing team and will provide exposure to a broad range of businesses across all sectors, each with a unique set of challenges.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
– Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to senior management (both internally and externally) from a range of backgrounds and business areas to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions
– Leading and working in multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to:
– Uncovering trends and themes within transactional data during a deal to provide greater insight to our clients
– Making sense of various information streams (e.g. extracts from client system, management reports, contracts) and turning them into structured data that can be analysed as part of a Deal process
– Designing processes to collect or extract data from multiple sources; store and transform this into consistent data sets and use this to design and create engaging and insightful outputs.
– Researching new products and tools, and implementing suitable techniques to solve the specific client problem and deal with potential data availability, quality or accuracy.
– Developing new methodologies to broaden our offering.
– Drafting reports and presentations and using data visualisation to explain our findings.
– Coaching and developing of more junior, members of the team, both on assignments and more broadly on our delivery principals.
– Leading and managing multiple projects at one time,
– A broad range of market facing business development activities including building strong internal and external relationships, managing client proposals, developing enhanced propositions and going to market in partnership with our strategy and operations colleagues;