Job description / Role
At Accor, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values . As a Day Auditor , you will ensure timely and accurate accountability of all daily revenues received by the Hotel; ensure compliance of operational procedures; maintain subsidiary records of various General Ledger Accounts to provide detailed analysis for audit and tax purposes.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo – Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
– Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
– Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions
– Must have a commitment to follow all local corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Income Audit.
– Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
– Prepare and ensure Daily Flash Report is timely and accurate as per policy.
– Ensure that banquet department’s revenue postings are correct by reconciling the banquet “Event short list” report which is provided by the Banquets manager on a daily basis. Follow-up on errors and discrepancies.
– Verify the balance of all interface postings to ensure all revenues have been posted.
– Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Income journal daily
– Review housekeeping discrepancy reports and file in the daily operations package.
– Review and balance rebates, paid outs and miscellaneous charges to the PMS.
– Ensure all miscellaneous/allowance/paid/house charges are approved and complete with adequate explanations
– Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate back up information. F&B void reports to be filed in the daily operations package.
– Verify all negative postings, all rate variances, and all F&B Discount reports. Negative posting report should be filed in the daily operations package.
– Prepare extension wise telephone reports and submit to all departments to review. Make sure all departments return the checked reports.
– Ensure that all credit card transactions are recorded correctly and payments are allocated using the corporate reconciliation template.
– Handling of credit card reconciliation discrepancies in a timely manner.
– Handling promptly all guest issues and disputes, including credit card inquiries and charge backs.
– Make the appropriate corrections as required after obtaining the Director of Finance’s approval.
– Review of No-Show reports and to ensure that all “chargeable” No Shows has beem charged. No show report is retained with the daily operations package.
– Review foreign currency rate changes for accuracy and file in daily operations package.
– Prepare and maintain:
– To ensure comp & entertainment checks are properly accounted for and name of guest and purpose of entertainment are indicated
– Ensure sale of gift certificates is properly accounted for and utilization of gift vouchers is administered accurately
– To assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts
– Completing various reports as required by management depending on the needs of the hotel operations.
– Completing various other tasks and duties as required by management
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.