As the Day Auditor to define the scope, duties, and responsibilities to verify the daily work, to supervise the day-to-day activities and to perform any other audit functions as defined in the Company’s policies and procedures.
What is in it for you:
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Transportation to & from the hotel
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions.
- Completing various management reports as required by accounting management depending on the needs of hotel operations.
- Completing various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks, Must have a thorough working knowledge and willingness to assist in other accounting functions as assigned.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Day Audit.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Ensure that the banquet department’s revenue postings are correct and follow up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Day Journal daily.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management System.
- Review housekeeping discrepancy report.
- Monitor rebates, allowances, house charges, and paid-out amounts to ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
- Review telephone charges from in-house administration.
- Review F & B voids to verify authorization and adequate backup information.
- Balance the property management telephone postings with the call accounting system’s summary of guest charges.
- Reconcile banquet event orders with all banquet guest checks.
- Review the night audit’s balance of the food and beverage revenue against the food and beverage point of sales system.
- Review the balance of all miscellaneous revenues such as the laundry, telephone, movies, and garage departments.
- Reconcile the guest ledger, the accounts receivable, and the advance deposits. As well, the Day Auditor must prepare and record daily revenue entry or 15 day revenue summary report and generate a statistical report on the mix of sales.
- Prepare, or ensure the accuracy of, the hotel’s Daily Revenue Report.
- Prepare and maintain accurately:
- Day Journal: using a secure environment and getting a daily sign off on balanced position by Chief Accountant.
- Cash Receipts Journal
- A/R Adjustment Journal
- Assist with month-end closing and subsequent analysis of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts as directed by the Chief Accountant.
- Ensure that all service charges (Banquet, Room Service, etc.,) paid are in line with net receipts on pay period basis.
- Approve invoices for all miscellaneous guest charges, after ensuring that guest charges were processed regularly.
- Maintain sequential control for Banquet cheques and outlet cheques.
- Ensure that Audit Trail is evident throughout all tasks.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
- Role in Operating Equipment Inventory taking and audit of Guest Safety Deposit Boxes.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by department Manager.
Your experience and skills include:
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program an asset
- Familiarity with financial system and Microsoft Office, computer literate in
- Fidelio, PMS, Reporting System and Excel
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written).
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Able to type 25 words per minute
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Your team and working environment:
- Be a part of our multicultural team.
- Enjoy the nature as our location provides majestic mountains in the northern Fujairah.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS