A leading Buy Now Pay Later provider in the MENA region, serving 1,000+ retailers and 100,000 shoppers, challenging legacy payment methods by providing a brand-new frictionless alternative to paying online and offline.
We are looking for a driven, passionate and hard-working Data Scientist
You will work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment across all areas of the business including data analysis and modelling, risk assessment and product management. You will work closely with Head of Risk and Founders to control risk portfolio and implement new features.
You will develop in a culture where we value curiosity, fun, experimentation, and data-driven decision making.
You will have the following responsibilities:
· Maintain and consistently improve our risk assessment algorithms
· Work on the development, implementation, testing, and release of a range of models
· Develop fraud prevention models/rules and monitoring
· Preparing datasets for analysis and reporting needs of your colleagues both within and outside of our team
The ideal candidate should have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or a related technical ﬁeld
· Advanced knowledge in SQL
· Experience in Python
· Experience in ML modelling
· Strong understanding of statistics
· Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to analyse issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively lead interactions with both business and technical teams