Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring that we build a data platform that are not only capable of transforming the company but meet the highest standards of software development.
This means that you will be responsible for:
– Designing technical solutions that bring to life the vision for any data product.
– Turning business requirements into clear technical tasks for communication.
– Writing scalable Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform and relevant tools.
– Continuously improving the platform automation and enhancing security/processes.
– Writing a Python code that accomplishes the job as required.
– Working on Google Cloud Platform and utilising relevant services to deploy products.
– Partnering closely with data products managers, data architects, and other data engineers.
– Guaranteeing the quality of your work via proper testing and documentation.
– Keeping your technical knowledge up to date via training and other methods (e.g. initiatives, PoC, etc.)
Our technology stack includes but not limited to the following: Terraform, Cloud Composer (Airflow), Kubernetes, BigQuery, DBT, GitLab, custom Python tools, etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.