A leading market in Telco and leading Solution provider of end to end smart digital services for digital transformation within the MENA Region.
- Lead agile practice adoption across the team using DataOps principles that result in engineering excellence, reliability, and predictable delivery
- Establish and evangelize best practices, processes, and frameworks for the data engineering practice.
- Oversee technical strategy across data integration, data lake, data warehousing, and data access layers and provide thought leadership and best practice across recognized Data Engineering platforms.
- Define the development standards and promote a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring adherence to the Data strategy and roadmap.
- Drive the development of the Engineering function including setting up objectives, career paths, hiring engineers & establishing ways of working
- Promote a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within the team of Data Engineers and wider data teams, support integration and co-operative working style of cross-functional teams, and ensure delivery is governed effectively to time, cost and quality
- Work closely across the business in organizing and creating a data engineering capability that makes data and information easily accessible to the business in a self-service manner.
- Supports/contributes to and actively manages the budgeting process
- You are responsible for elaborating the vision and roadmap of our Data Warehousing Solutions, and helping shape the products and business processes that will be built on them.
- You will join the leadership of our Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance programs, driving vision, strategy, decisions, implementation, and adoption – Get yourself sharp to advocate for data strategy, architecture, quality, modeling, security, and compliance.
- You will be responsible for setting up engineering teams dedicated to data engineering, data modeling, data integration, data analytics and data visualization.
- Champion exceptional Data and Platform Ops success across our client teams and offices.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in handling and developing an engineering team.
- Significant experience in data engineering and leading associated technical teams
- Experience and understanding of development frameworks, engineering operating models using DataOps principles, and cloud engineering especially on Azure
- Proven track record of working with agility, evidencing experience or extensive knowledge of concepts such as design thinking, DataOps, agile development and CI/CD
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and all that it entails.
- Data Engineering (Operations) experience along with Leading Modern Data Platforms team (Azure, Hadoop, AWS Etc) in Agile setup.
- Expertise in the Hadoop eco-system with distribution-like Cloudera and cloud-specific distributions
- Handling large-scale and complex ETL/ELT systems
- Lead large long-term end-to-end change roadmap within data platform, by delivering value incrementally by operating in an agile environment
- Extensive experience with Data related technologies, including knowledge of Big Data Architecture Patterns and Cloud services (Hadoop, Cloudera, AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Expertise in one or more NoSQL databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, Big Table etc.)
- Experience of one or more big data ingestion tools (Sqoop, Flume, NiFI etc.), distributed messaging and ingestion frameworks (Kafka, Pulsar, Pub/Sub etc.)
- Expertise with at least one distributed data processing framework e.g. Spark (Core, Streaming, SQL), Storm, Flink, etc.
With over 20 years of experience, we have come to understand that innovation is the only way to provide agile, practical solutions that transform businesses and careers.
Our resourcing and smart services help you to realize tomorrow’s potential. Discover the amazing things possible when you bring the right people and the right technologies together.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.