Job description / Role
The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted.
Our vision is to bring this to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our dataset and people management software. We already have the core infrastructure that all of this is built on.
The future is about providing higher level services that companies can more quickly consume. Oracle poses an interesting concern for companies like Amazon, they are not worried about us catching them on the EC2 side, they are worried more about Oracle ‘s enterprise customer base and the unique opportunity to convert those customers to cloud.
Oracle plans to maneuver the entire company’s tech focus to provide this.
Are you an experienced Data Centre Technician that has experience in data centre design/operation, racking, stacking , hardware break fix and everything in between? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we’d like to talk to you!
An Oracle Data Centre Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Centre Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Centre environment and systems you understand which issues to escalated to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved. This position involves working on a 24/7 shift rota system. Employment for all candidates is contingent upon satisfactory background checks.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
– Act as data centre SME liaison to other technical teams & non-technical teams (e.g networking, compute, compliance, business operations)
– Understand internal customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
– Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software
– System board level repair and fault diagnosis to SLAs
– Planning & commissioning new rack positions
– Involvement with the design & commissioning of new whitespaces
– Structured cabling installation is a significant part of this position
– Keep up with the latest technologies and be apply to apply them appropriately
– Adherence to defined Health & Safety processes at all times
– Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team without friction