British International School Riyadh (BISR)
We are seeking a proactive individual with an in-depth knowledge of research methodologies and business intelligence to collect, interpret and analyse large data sets to support informed decisions at the school.
The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18 across its existing five campuses, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
We are seeking a proactive individual with an in-depth knowledge of research methodologies and business intelligence to collect, interpret and analyse large data sets to support informed decisions at the school.The individual will be involved with developing analytical systems, data migration and integration along with maintaining BISR management information and web based systems. Experienced individuals along with graduates in a Computing or Statistics related discipline with a desire to work within a forward thinking team in a growing multi-site organisation are encouraged to apply. The individual will have a key role in identifying new data processes and procedures across BISR. We are specifically looking for an individual who is willing to contribute to our three strategic pillars of learning, enrichment and well-being.
Full Job Description is available here: Data Analyst – JD
The successful candidates will:
Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and with a strong track record of working within a similar type of role.
Show strong evidence of experience and knowledge of management information and web based systems.
Be proactive in their approach to interactions with internal and external customers’ in line with the school’s expected high standards.
Have a creative and analytical mind and be able to handle various staff queries relating to the various school systems.
Go the extra mile, ensuring service level delivery is met.
Have outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and be able to deal effectively and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders and teams.
Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
We can offer:
Highly motivated and engaged students
A school with a strong sense of community
A learning focused school committed to staff development
Motivated, hard-working and dedicated colleagues, who are committed to high quality learning, student stakeholder well-being and the school’s enrichment programmes
The opportunity to live, work and travel in a unique, beautiful and fast changing country.
Please be aware that the school is not in a position to sponsor or transfer sponsorship for this role.
(Please note: As this is a non-teacher position, and in order to use our application tracking system (InTeachers), you will need to register yourself as a qualified teacher to complete the application form).
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/2895 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines.
Closing date for all applications: Saturday 8 January 2022
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will be required to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa.
How to apply for a position at BISR
To apply and for additional information, please follow the ‘inteachers’ link on the vacancy.
When applying via this link, please provide the following in support of your application:
All applications must include:
- An up to date two-page Curriculum Vitae, including a photograph
- A statement in support of your application, which must include an answer to the following question: How do you think you would be able to support our Mission and REACH motto?
Teacher applications must include:
- How do you demonstrate that you are a lifelong learner and how does current pedagogical practice have an impact in your classroom?
- How do you create a positive classroom climate and support student well-being in your current school?
- What strategies do you use to ensure that all learners in your classroom attain very well?
- What is your contribution to your current school community?
BISR is fully committed to safeguarding children and young people. We complete rigorous background checks for all staff, whatever their role in the school, prior to them commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified.
For more information about the school please visit the ‘ABOUT US’ section our website www.bisr.com.sa
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Teachers who work at BISR should have
- Qualified Teacher status.
- Certificate of Education – PGCE or B.Ed.
- Training or qualification relevant to the post.
- An appreciation of the demands of a British school in an international context.
- Recognise the vital importance of a positive commitment to the co-curricular life of the school.
- An appreciation of the importance of intercultural understanding and cultural sensitivity.
- Recognise the responsibility each individual staff member has in supporting the holistic growth and well-being of students.
- Experience of working in various contexts both in the UK and internationally.
- Experience of teaching within a Key Stage or subject.
- Experience of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Experience of planning for children with a range of learning needs, including extremely able students.
- Experience of curriculum development, monitoring and assessment.
- Experience of working with second language students or prepared to undertake training.
Skills and Abilities
- A detailed knowledge of the English National Curriculum.
- Ability to organise a stimulating learning environment and demonstrate excellent creative teaching skills.
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in preparing for learning and teaching.
- Good organisation of recording and evaluating progress.
- Show good communication skills when working with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Effective skills in managing and organising own time and directing deployment of teaching assistants.
- Good ICT skills to be effective in your job.
- An understanding of Assessment for Learning Strategies and use of this to inform future planning.
- The desire to develop knowledge of the curriculum above and below the preferred key stage or in a cross-curricular context.
- Warmth and sense of humour.
- Team player.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Willingness to be involved in co-curricular activities and events and engage in all aspects of school life.
- High expectations of yourself and of children.
- First class communication skills.
- Empathy with pupils, colleagues, parents and visitors.
- You must be a glass half-full person!
- Ability to promote equal opportunities with respect to race, gender and disability
Terms and Conditions
Are you a teacher needing help with your profile / application? Visit our support pages to get in touch.
Help / Support
© 2021 Inteachers ApS. Inteachers ApS is a private company limited by shares registered in Denmark. VAT Reg. No. DK38978527.
Reg. office: Esromgade 15 5, 2200, Copenhagen, Denmark
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.