Gulf Polymers Distribution Company
Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
Gulf Polymers Distribution Company (GPDC) has an opening for a Customer Service Representative.
About Gulf Polymers Distribution Company FZCO
Gulf Polymers Distribution Company FZCO is a company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates that distributes polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, and 1-Hexene products manufactured by Saudi Polymers Company. Gulf Polymers Distribution Company FZCO is a free zone company incorporated in the Dubai Airport Freezone and jointly owned by National Petrochemicals Company (Petrochem), a joint stock company incorporated in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Arabian Chevron Phillips Petrochemical Company Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC.
Our ideal candidate will be committed to promoting and ensuring a safe work environment with demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and accomplishing his/her work in a detailed and efficient manner. This candidate should be a self-starter, a team player, adaptable, an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the management of a portfolio of specific products and customers from order inquiry and placement to account settlement. Other key responsibilities include:
• Manage a portfolio of specific products and customers from order inquiry and placement to account settlement
• Act as a first point of contact for marketing agents on general inquiries related to product, order and shipment scheduling
• Process customer orders/ deliveries and coordinate with freight forwarder or shipping scheduler to ensure timely shipment.
• Coordinate with freight forwarders on container booking information to ensure timely shipment and ensure that shipping documents are accurate and in compliance with letter of credit requirement.
• Handle and resolve customer complaints and follow up until closure.
• Assist in the preparation of shipping, sales and distribution metrics and generation of monthly sales and shipment reports.
• Coordinate and manage International orders with sales and overseas offices/agents in regards to forecast, allocation and product availability.
• Ensure that delivery documents and customer invoices are accurate, complete, dispatched on time and in compliance with letter of credit requirement.
• Keep track of all shipments until the products are received by customer and communicate and advise if there will be exceptions and delays to Area Sales Offices.
• Keep track of every issue and error data (credit and debit notes, error trackers used for process improvements internally and externally with freight forwarders and sales offices)
• Investigate and resolve supply chain issues and customer complaints, working to develop and implement corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
• Rotate “On Call” schedule with other team members for after-hours and weekend coverage
• Trouble shoot all FSWH deliveries especially during month end to ensure smooth billing.
• Follow up on documentation and credit status of quotations with the Area Sales Offices.
• Conduct cross training for individuals within the team and knowledge transfer to Supply Chain & Transport Bagging Line and other vendors, Freight Forwarder, and with sales offices and actively participate in documenting process guidelines and drafting desk-guides for different changes in the processes and scenarios.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor.