About the role
The Ground Services Division is looking for a customer oriented and innovative Systems Support Specialist. In this role, you are responsible to lead, manage and support Network Stations, including Hub Operations, Lounges & Business contingency. You will be the single point of contact for these units from Ground Services (GS) Automation. You will provide support and liaise with relevant stakeholders on the existing self-service systems such as Self Service kiosks, in HUB and Outstations, transit kiosks in the HUB, Self-baggage Drop in HUB and Outstations, Self-boarding gates, Lounge Automations and new innovative project implementations & managing mobility devices for operations.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Responsible for all GS applications and airport systems operating in Outstations, HUB and Lounges to be fully operational. Engages with the relevant stakeholders.
- Creates and updates the Product roadmap for Ground Services applications to provide visibility on short, medium and long term direction.
- Liaises with internal QR departments and external stakeholders in case of system issues and provides solutions within the required timeline. Follows up with external and internal systems provider on incidents and systems issues.
- Provides solutions, resolves problem, tracks effectiveness and implements preventive measures.
- Organizes and leads focus group for both internal and external user group to gather feedback and improvement plans.
- Monitors and tracks any system irregularities. Provides resolution and preventive measures.
- Monitors monthly Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and performance with hosted systems, internal systems and external systems.
- Prepares monthly reports.
- Assists in QR Training Departments to create and set-up training flights and PNR data in inventory system during cutover and refresher trainings conducted for Altea Check-in system.
- Builds release plans for Applications to ensure development resources are used optimally for implementation of changes and new functionalities.
- Formulates Business requirement documents and balances product requirements with available resources.
- Key liaison between IT and stakeholders in gathering business detailed requirements and delivering new products to improve customer experience and airport services efficiencies.
- Prepares and updates releases and project progress reports. Escalates any project and process risks to Management.
- Delivers innovative solutions and application functionality on time to meet the Department’s objective.
- Keeps track of bugs and enhancements. Ensures quality is maintained on deliverables.
- Responsible for pre and post-implementation monitoring and analysis of actual product performance to identify issues and gather feedback for future development.
- Manages Business contingency for all outstations and HUB utilizing the equipment and inventory.
- Supports and leads initiatives, implementation of self-service and innovative automation as a subject matter expert.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- With relevant College or University qualification to minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- With minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- With working experience in operational/ support level.
- Prior work experience in Airport Services Automation projects.
- Relevant experience in functional development of Airport Services applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Amadeus CM Business rules and ADMIN.
- Experience in self service automation projects.
- Computer skills – knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of Airport Services systems such as DCS, BRS, RES, Ticketing, Baggage
- Excellent communication skills. Good command of English language.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Organizational skills and attention to details.
- Team player.
- Project management experience.
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time and able to work under pressure.
- Understands business models and know how to translate business objectives into project requirements.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.