About the role
Crew Support Manager handles the relationship between the company and the Flight Crew population by addressing welfare issues raised by the latter right from the time they come to Doha as candidates for an interview and subsequently join the company. The main aim of the role is to make the Flight crew settle down quickly in their life in Doha and support them in their welfare related requirements. Contribute towards the overall performance of the business unit, the effective management of all welfare services to Flight Crew, providing direct leadership to a team of support staff and in developing Flight Crew welfare policies and procedures.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Ascertain smooth/ stress free entry of new joiners in order to facilitate flight crew to focus into their initial training without being wired by other possible issues pertaining to RP issuance, driving license, bank accounts, children’s school etc.
- Manage the welfare support operations ensuring the day to day key deliverables e.g. induction of new hires and welfare related issues of current pilots pertaining to sickness, accommodation, leave etc. are achieved.
- Ensure appropriate advise, guidance and counselling is provided to flight crew requiring assistance from psychological perspective and escalate the requirement to QRMC, if required.
- Manage all authorizations for HR related decisions pertaining to crew such as rostering, emergency/ compassionate/ sick leave, loss of documents etc.
- Maintain statistics on attrition and satisfaction levels amongst the pilot workforce for trend analysis.
- Use effective tools for administrative and communication functions as will facilitate in providing five-star service to the flight crew.
- Remain up-to-date with all applicable rules and regulations in relation to the operational issues, flight crew issues, HR and Labor Law.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level or equivalent
- Degree in HR, Sociology or Psychology
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge vis-à-vis Flight Crew, life in Doha
- Awareness of Qatar Airways operating culture
Experience in hospitality, social services field would be an added advantage
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent written, oral English communication
- Project management skills
- Ability to quickly analyses and decides a course of action
- Smart personality
- Willingness to work in shifts 24X7
- Excellent coordination skills to achieve deliverables
- Valid Qatari driver’s license
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.