To manage credit approvals and debts collection from company’s existing and new debtors. Provide support and advise to the Company Management on overall debt scenarios and expected cashflow from collections.
- Proactively manage and collect debts from company debtors in a timely manner
- Assessing and evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers’ credit ratings.
- Setting up of terms and conditions of credit
- Negotiating repayment plans, and re-negotiating if required
- Preparing statements, client status reports and other relevant information as required
- Liaise with internal/external legal consultants to initiate necessary legal proceedings for debt recoveries
- Take overall responsibility for maintaining debtors’ database
- Identify risk associated with debtors and proactively take measures to mitigate such risks
- Evaluating and analyzing the current market situation and developing collection strategies
- Maintains excellent relationship with all customers, to ensure seamless collection of receivables and timely recovery of debts.
- Develop, apply, and maintain consistent and effective credit control policies and procedures
- Strong understanding and application of IFRS 9
- Coordinate audit activities with external and internal audits
- Overseeing the credit control team
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional qualification in Finance and Accounting (CA, CMA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- 7 to 10 years of experience, with at least 3 years at a supervisory/managerial level in Credit Control /Accounts Receivables
- Should have a good understanding of various accounting aspects and international trends and standards.
- Should have good analytical, numerical and research skills.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Arabic speaking is a plus
- Legal and commercial credit control management background
- Good understanding of the legal process and assisting with developing new commercial terms