Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Sustainability team is a trusted business partner, setting strategic direction and delivering effective, efficient services that embed health, safety, environment, security and corporate responsibility in sustainable business practices. They help ABB capitalize on market opportunities, reducingrisk for the benefit of our business, our customers, employees andstakeholders. We work together as one team around the world to strengthen governance, and to support the business in improving performance and integrating sustainability deeper into our organization – creating a vital competitive edge.Your responsibilities
- Governance and Organization – Provides competent functional country support throughout the country in accordance with the region security plan. May have additional responsibility as a Lead Country Security Manager to oversee the same for Yemen. Active member of Country HSE & Security Board in one or several countries as the Security representative.
- Regulatory Compliance – Tracks, assesses and reports on emerging security trends and country related legislation. Ensures through inspections, audits and reviews respective geographical area of responsibility is compliant with security standards, regulations and guidelines. Maintains internal and 3rd party audit requirements for respective security organization.
- Risk Management – Contributes to effective risk management of security related issues in the respective organization by providing specialist knowledge and advice on key business decisions to the business and in the Country HSE & Security Board.
- Communication and Engagement – engages external (e.g. customers, suppliers, relevant authorities and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB’s security efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperates with other functions and business partners to improve security measures.
- Budget – Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
- Operational Support – Implements regional annual security plans and security objectives within the respective countries in alignment with ABB Group Sustainability and Security strategy. Maintains an effective level of crisis resilience in the respective organization. Provides serious incident investigations and ensures root-cause analysis and corrective actions are identified and implemented. Delivers core training programs as required by the Security Programs.
- Other Responsibilities are: (i) Acts as Crisis Coordinator to maintain an effective level of crisis resilience for ABB in Saudi Arabia, (ii) Supports, coordinates and monitors security arrangements for ABB projects and movement of personnel in KSA, (iii) Provides professional expertise for building a strong Travel Risk Management foundation and improving compliance to Travel Risk Management KPI in HSE & Security dashboard, (iv) Provides security updates and monthly security reports to leadership, (v) Supports with security planning for complex or high-risk events and ensures appropriate security protocol is followed during VIP visits, and (vi) Maintain effective network with security peers and local authorities to share necessary security updates and benchmark best practices.
- Ideally, you’ll hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practice from military or police academy or equivalent practice and experience of security management, with 10+ years of experience within national police, armed forces or intelligence services or with international security organizations and consultancies, of which at least 3 years in a corporate environment. Additionally, preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Experience with emergency management planning, security program auditing and risk management.
- Proven ability or experience in handling and managing critical, sensitive and/or complex matters in a confidential and professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience with advising and influencing senior and first line management.
- Ability to travel between different locations occasionally on short notice.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Local language mother tongue. Fluent written and spoken English.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.