The Costa Group Financial Controller is a high-profile role within the Costa finance team responsible for leading the overall month end control and close process for the reporting divisions. This includes the timely and accurate delivery of a suite of internal management reports encompassing all aspects of a rapidly growing, multi-channel and genuinely global business.
- Principal for managing the relationship with Costa’s external accountants including all contract negotiations and scoping of responsibilities
- Lead any major technical accounting change for the team under two accounting standards in line with US parent requirements.
- This will include accurate accounting for new leasing standards under US GAAP and IFRS
- Leading the quarter and year end process for the Costa Group including ensuring returns into US parent are to timetable and accurate, that the accounting under IFRS and US GAAP is correct, that the consolidation of the Group is accurate, and submissions are appropriately controlled.
- Responsible for all reporting in the UK and international jurisdictions ensuring that Costa adheres to the appropriate country requirements
- Primary contact for the Coca-Cola finance teams for all accounting, technical and financial queries
- Influencing in a matrix organization, develop close working relationships with Divisional FD’s and FCs, ensuring that these businesses develop and apply financial and business controls in line with Costa policies and procedures.
- This includes being the centre for technical queries and expertise ensuring that policies within the businesses are in line with centralized control
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of reporting and control in a multi-site hospitality or retail business
- Highly analytical with the ability to make informed decisions based on the data presented
- Significant experience of working in and leading a large global reporting and control team
- Technically competent with thorough knowledge of Group consolidations and statutory requirements
- Thorough understanding of IFRS and US GAAP accounting standards and technical accounting
- Graduate-calibre qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with significant PQE experience
- Experience of working for a US listed company
- Strong controls and compliance background
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A