Job description / Role
If you’re a commercially minded GM or COO from a logistics company and looking for a new challenge, please read on..
This role has a lucrative profit share scheme on top of the AED 50k salary.
Our client is a global entity with business in all corners of the world. We are searching for an enthusiastic COO with dynamic ideas to overseas the ops in the Middle East & North Africa region.
Prior logistics industry experience is essential, as well as having an ‘engineering mind’ to offer solutions to clients in the logistics industry.
• Develops long-term business plan across the GCC and North Africa region for ALS Logistic Solutions and delivers sales strategies to achieve them.
• Ensures that company results are achieved within agreed budgets and timescales in terms of sales, profits, projects and capital employed.
• Oversees a diverse team across Engineering, HR, Admin, IT, Finance, Procurement and all other operations
• Leads by example to continually develop and grow the business across the GCC and North Africa regions.
• Ensures activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal regulations, environmental policies and corporate social responsibility.
• Alongside the MD, approve business budgets and control the same through an effective monitoring and control mechanism.
• Ensures the organisation is well equipped in areas of infrastructure, technology, tools and talent to be able to achieve its objectives.
• Ensures any legal risks to the business are identified and mitigated.
• Fosters a work culture that encourages kindness, team work and inclusion
• Ensures a talented and highly motivated work force is in place through implementation of effective HR strategies.
• Maintains a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.