Job description / Role
Seeking a hands on, enthusiastic Contracts Manager for a leading client in the UAE.
Our client is a market leader in construction with a strong pipeline of projects and is seeking an experienced Contract Manager to lead the existing Estimation and Quantity Surveying department.
* Pre tender submission and review.
* Ensure adherence to contract at post contract/construction phase by all parties.
* Provide day-to-day management and oversight of the contract deployed to the Contract to support the delivery of construction.
* To manage commercial risk and returns across the contract and ensure that contract standards, procedures and processes are applied across all activities within the business unit.
* Determine & drive commercial contract improvement initiatives including managing the impact of contract performance on pricing and profitability; developing mechanisms to improve profitability and reduce risk.
* Engage and work with internal legal counsel as appropriate and ensure commercial risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated/managed.
* Facilitates the Contract change and prepare the relevant variation orders.
* Facilitates and contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractor and suppliers.
* Ensures all warranties, bonds, insurances, guarantees, etc. are in place and maintained and updated in accordance with the Contract.
* Assists the Estimation and Project Control teams with respect to contractual implications of change orders.
* Assist in the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports.
* Ensuring that the requirements of the contract documents are implemented and maintained throughout the Contract period.
* Assist in the review of contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the project team in their administration of the Construction Contract.
* Preparing, reviewing and evaluating claims for additional time and/or money received from the Employer under the Main Contract and Subcontractors under the various Project Subcontracts.
* Monitoring and advising the Project Manager, other team members of potential or actual risks arising from the Main Contract, Subcontracts and/or from the performance of the Works.
* Overseeing and managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and Estimators
* Competitive salary and medical insurance