Coordinates with Government Contracting Officer (KO) and /or Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) and Contracts Administrator(s). Perform liaison function between internal and external customers.
- Manages a professional team encompassing a wide range of functions within the discipline:
o Establishes hiring boards to interview candidates for open positions.
o Evaluates staff, comparing objectives and achievements in staff assessments.
o Coaches employees in their professional career development and process improvements.
o Issues disciplinary or corrective actions when needed.
o Recommends termination or contract non-renewal when appropriate.
o Responsible for completing Performance Evaluations as required.
- Conducts procurement training for technical and contract staff.
- Responsible for drafting and updating procurement policies and procedures.
- Provides interpretation of contracts, organizes or processes correspondence with contracting parties and monitors fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Provides oversight of all prime contract contractual matters. Plans, manages and coordinates the activities of assigned employees in the Operations area, including Subcontracts, Purchasing and CDRLs – either directly or through subordinate managers. Coordinates with Government Contracting Officer and/or Administrative Contracting Officer and Contracts Administrator(s). Interface with and Legal Counsel as required.
- Either directly or through subordinate managers and supervisors
- Directly monitors, manages and oversees prime contract matters
- Directs, oversees and supervises Contracting, Subcontracting, Purchasing and CDRL delivery
- Reviews, investigates, assesses, interprets, advises and reports/corresponds on contractual matters.
- Ensures compliance with governmental law and company policies on contract and procurement; monitors fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Facilitates the creation of a work environment where safety, quality, customer responsiveness are the core values
- Develops, communicates and directs long term planning to reach strategic improvement goals in customer satisfaction, delivery of PWS requirements and employee involvement.
- Responsible for keeping program management office informed of contractual issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Admin or related field) – MBA preferred; work experience may be considered in lieu of college degree.
- 8 years of job-related experience required or equivalent
- Direct related experience in USG contract management
- Expert knowledge of policies and regulations governing U.S. Government contracts requirements
- Experience managing contracts or subcontracts exceeding $100M in value
- Experience in subcontracting, including foreign company subcontractors
- Experience in Government-approved purchasing system
- Experience with FFP, Cost-Plus and Incentive Fee type contracts
- Prefer experience supporting prime contracts with the U.S. Army
- Prefer experience supporting contracts or subcontracts in a military vehicle maintenance environment.
- Excellent management and personnel skills in dealing with staff and client
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and be able to present and negotiate agreements in a clear and concise manner to client staff and third-party agencies
- Must have working level of proficiency in the use of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other related applications
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work and communicate with others effectively.
- T1 NACI or higher required for all U.S. Citizens.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.