Parsons is looking for an amazingly talentedContracts Engineerto join our team! In this role you will get to performs contract administration assignments for projects The incumbent applies experience and increasing proficiency in the use of contract administration principles and practices.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drafts contracts for engineering services projects, relying heavily on previous contracts as a resource for terms and conditions.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, assuming responsibility for explaining positions and resolving matters of a business nature related to the proposed contract.
- Monitors and administers the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure that contract requirements are met.
- Collaborates with colleagues across organizational lines to obtain and transmit business information necessary for the Project Manager to more effectively monitor the status of the project.
- Prices change orders and follows through to ensure that contractual coverage is implemented.
- Prepares letters to client requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Collaborates with appropriate Procurement personnel on project subcontract matters.
- Monitors project expenditures versus contract cost limitations. Prepares letters to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds.
- Prepares project/facility acceptance documents and follows through to ensure acceptances are approved by the client.
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client, as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) from an accredited college or university is preferred
- A QS accredited qualification (preferably RICS or equivalent) is preferred
- Ten-years experience in contracts administration level positions supporting large technical programs or construction projects
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Effective oral and written communicative skills
- Ability to manage large, diversified activities with multiple and competing requirements
- Ability to set priorities and manage activities to successful completion
- Knowledge of the aviation design and construction industry
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.