Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Job description / Role
• Report commercial risks, mitigation, and resolution to management via business segment risk reviews, and assume a role in developing world-class risk mitigation strategies
• Negotiate contract terms, advise on contractual matters
• Draft, review and negotiate terms and conditions in varied contracts, including EPC projects, supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements and vendor contracts and proposals.
• Drive Contract Management Margin Enhancement program in the assigned segment/region with a focus on change order management, negotiation of settlement agreements within established financial reserves etc
• Provide commercial/contractual support in the development and implementation of negotiation strategies to mitigate contractual risks on assigned projects
• Assist in the preparation of presentations, negotiation of claims, and the writing and execution of settlement agreements to resolve issues
• Provide support in the contractual close out of each Project subcontractor in areas such as, e.g., refund / extension of guarantees, payment / collection of outstanding invoices etc.
• Provide support to the Procurement Team in negotiations with suppliers or subcontractors
• Organize the assessment and technical coordination of Contract Changes
• Ensure the coordination of specialists in the review of Site Claims and / or Contract Changes
• Monitor and keep records of the Project correspondence and refer it to the appropriate department to respond and take necessary actions
• At the site, receive the Claims of the Site Subcontractor to the potential Contract Changes, and verify compliance with the contracts, the estimate of the Contract Change, and monitor the time of response time to the claim