Job description / Role
Reports to : Chief of Medical Staff
Duties and responsibilities:
– Provide adequate and competent delivery of quality health care to patients with surgical problems related to reproduction system and management of pregnancy and childbirth.
– Provide particular expertise in some diagnostic procedures such as Ultrasound.
– Responsible to be on call 24 hours a day seven days a week for deliveries and other emergency operations such as cesarean.
– Responsible for the smooth running of his/her clinic.
– Perform collaborative assistance in referral of above type of patients to appropriate facilities for further management.
– Record all data of the patients care in the patients medical record in accordance with the acceptable international standards and medical center regulations.
– Represent the medical center in the committee for obstetric and gynecology related seminars and symposia.
– Actively participates in any training program or education activity related to Obstetrics and Gynecology and organized within the medical center for training staff and in-service training classes for the nursing staff.
– Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realms of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
– This job description is subject to periodic review and may be changed at anytime in consultation with the employee.
– Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
– Ability to communicate effectively in English language both verbal and written.
– Knowledge in Arabic language is an advantage.