Job description / Role
Reports to: Chief of Medical Staff
Duties and responsibilities:
– Establish and maintain professional standards for quality patient care.
– Perform investigations and management of Cardiology patients.
– Responsible for the smoothing running of his/her assigned clinic.
– Perform collaborative assistance in referral of above type of patients to appropriate facilities for further management.
– Provide particular expertise in invasive and non-invasive cardiological procedures such as cardiac catheterization, angioplasty, valvuloplasty, pacemaker insertions etc. and the use of Holter Monitor, Treadmill, ECG, Echo and Doppler.
– Record all data of the patients care in the patientsmedical record in accordance with the acceptable international standards and Medical Center regulations.
– Represents the Medical Center in the Committee for Cardiology related seminars and symposia.
– Actively participates in any training program or education activity related to Cardiology and organized within the Medical Center for training staff and in-service training classes for nursing staff.
– Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realms of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
– This job description is subject to periodic review and may be changed at anytime in consultation with the employee.
Specialized Knowledg :
– Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
– Ability to communicate effectively in English language both verbal and written.
– Knowledge in Arabic language is an advantage.