- Set up station properly and on time for each service period.
- Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Chef de Partie.
- Notify Sous Chef or Chef de Partie of any problems or complaints as when they arise.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Proper food rotation – first in – first out.
- After service switch off and clean oven tops and work areas as well as surfaces.
- Ensures that guest needs and expectations are met by providing a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
- Assists in establishing the identity of the outlet by providing the standards of food presentation required by each outlet.
- Is aware of the method of preparation and the standard recipe for every menu items in his particular kitchen and follows the procedures at all times.
- Maintains and cleans all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene required by the hotel.
- Co-ordinates with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational problems.
- Is familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operates them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.