Job no: 510913
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Department: Non-Management (Entry), Culinary / Kitchen
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in the production of dishes.
- Ensure that all mise en place is prepared to the highest quality as per standards set by the superiors.
- Ensure the set up and replenishment of buffets.
- Assist superiors in the pickup of requisition and in organizing it in the corresponding storage.
- Inform superior of ingredient quantities when the stock levels are low and ensures there are always enough for the day to day usage.
- Store ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved and labelled according to standard.
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area before and after usage as per food safety standard.
- Report cleanliness and maintenance issues of the kitchens and stewarding area to and support daily checks done by his superiors.
- Adhere to strict personal hygiene standards at all times.
- Ensure to follow through the food safety safe and sound standard set by Mandarin Oriental Hotel and in accordance’s to the UAE’s Municipality rules and regulation.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Work as part of the team and assist other colleagues if required.
- Support other outlets and banquet if requested by superiors.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and training as scheduled.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the superiors.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Culinary art is preferred.
- A minimum 1 year of culinary experience working as Commis 1 in a high-volume hotel or free-standing restaurant is preferred.
- Basic experience in holding and preparation of food.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 kg without assistance.
- Basic knowledge of the kitchen tools and utensils in order to perform the specific tasks.
- Knowledge of basic food hygiene is preferred.
Advertised: 28 Mar 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Apr 2021 Arabian Standard Time