Job description / Role
Specific Job Description
• The UAE Commercial Manager will serve as the in-country expert and go-to focal point for all Lockheed Martin business areas on local business dealings.
• The selected candidate will also provide key leadership for current and future bids and proposals in country.
This future incumbent will
• Manage key customer business relationships on contract/cost matters and issues
• Work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and ensure successful contract award, signature and execution
• Compile and analyze contractual and cost data; maintain and archive historical information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Be responsible for setting standardized terms and conditions for all country contracts with Lockheed Martin, in coordination with the Business Areas
• Be responsible for driving enterprise-wide commercial business strategies that support the corporate country vision
• Serve as in-country expert and advise the Lockheed Martin enterprise on local country contract regulations, including but not limited to local financial and tax matters
• Be well versed in industrial development and countertrade arrangements.
• Provide an understanding of UAE culture and business processes.
• Establish credibility with key stakeholders across the business areas and represent enterprise-wide interests
• Serve as the Lockheed Martin lead with the country’s procurement officials
• Play a key role in shaping the Lockheed Martin capture and proposal development.
• Interpret and evaluate country specific public-sector acquisition laws and regulations to devise and implement winning bid strategies and processes
• Make in-depth presentations to customers and partners in various settings (e.g., events)
• Support a complex bidding and cost evaluation process by ensuring proposal submissions and associated cost data are in accordance with local formats and processes
• Lead relationship and negotiations with the Acquisition and Economic Control sections of the country’s defense organization and the Armed Forces
• Proactively implement controls to ensure proper execution of contract requirements and research requests for proposals.
• Structure, negotiate and manage commercial contracts with regional Industry
• Support audit responses/meetings; internal and external reporting; and develop solutions to complex problems
• Leadership of the Commercial function, to include developing talent
• Lockheed Martin’s International Corporate and Enterprise Business Services (EBS) units, consists of Business Development, IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions that support the business across the whole of the EMEA region.
• With employees located throughout the UK, Europe and Middle East, LM Corporate and EBS provide EMEA wide support to all the LM International business areas.