The Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai
Job description / Role
Commercial Advisor in Tech for the Trade Council of Denmark at the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai.
The Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai is currently looking for a Commercial Advisor in Tech. The advisor will join The Trade Council (TC Dubai) team of 10 people in Dubai, the regional hub of The Trade Council of Denmark in MENA (TC MENA).
Deadline: March 7, 2021. Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Starting date: As soon as possible
TC Dubai is mandated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark to promote Danish commercial interests in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, and Iraq. Most of the demand in TC Dubai focuses on the UAE but we work closely with trade colleagues in Danish embassies in Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, KSA, and Iran. The advisor team in TC MENA are all part of a variety of regional sector teams such as Tech, Health, Energy, Water & Environment, Food & Agriculture, and Aviation.
You will be responsible for deal origination by identifying a need in either the public or private sector in the UAE, Qatar, and Iraq, which can be bridged through already established and matured Tech solutions by Danish companies.
This role will require you to develop a deep knowledge of Danish strongholds with a focus on GovTech and HealthTech and their relevance to the market.
Your main tasks will include but are not limited to:
– Helping Danish businesses to assess markets in the UAE, Qatar, and Iraq, and assist them in developing effective entry strategies.
– Generate Danish export opportunities in the MENA region with a specific focus on Tech in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Iraq.
– Lead generation and outreach to Danish and UAE, Qatar, and Iraq based clients.
– Research and prepare digital content, including UAE, Qatar & Iraq market insights and sector-specific analysis for Danish companies looking to export to the UAE, Qatar and Iraq.
– Feasibility Studies, Fact Finding and Partner Search & Development.
– Risk Advisory and Due Diligence.
– Government Relations & Public Affairs.
– Efficiently manage a constantly changing workload covering a large number of clients, within internally and externally driven timeframes.
– Planning and implementing virtual and in-person seller-meets-buyer events and commercial/strategic workshops with both the public and private sector.
– Contribute to knowledge creation within TC MENA and The Trade Council globally, by sharing information and embracing best practice.
– Maintain and build on existing networks of government, industry and company contacts in the UAE, Qatar and Iraq.
For the role as Commercial Advisor in Tech, TC Dubai, you need to meet the following requirements:
– A good understanding of GovTech and HealthTech. Prior work experience and network in this area from Denmark and/or UAE, Qatar and Iraq would be an advantage.
– Prior experience in B2B and B2G strategic sales – preferably within tech.
– Documented experience with fulfilling commercial KPIs consistently, including income targets.
– Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in client facing consulting roles.
– Proven experience from working with both governmental stakeholders and the private sector.
– Relevant educational background (minimum bachelor’s degree).
– Analytical mind-set and ability to think creatively and take a proactive role in achieving work goals and objectives.
– Knowledge about the MENA region and good diplomatic and cultural skills.
– Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English. Knowledge of Danish or Arabic would be an asset.
– Travel should be expected to Denmark, Qatar and other countries in GCC/MENA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
– A dynamic work environment, which offers exciting and challenging tasks with a high degree of responsibility.
– A full-time position (40 hours per week) on a local contract with flexible working hours.
– A competitive compensation package.
– A global role with a lot of contact points within both The Trade Council and stakeholders in Denmark and MENA.
– Unique access and exposure to large Danish companies and SMEs and a massive learning opportunity.
– Opportunity for professional development including executive education and courses.
– Twenty-two working days of paid annual leave.
– Health insurance at comprehensive level (20 percent employee contribution on part of the insurance premium).
– The position is subject to security clearance and final budget approval.
Send cover letter, CV, proof of highest degree and references (all in one consolidated PDF document) to [email protected], att.: “Tech Commercial Advisor TC Dubai” no later than March 7, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled in March and the preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
The Consulate General attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
According to Article 13 of the EU general data protection regulation 2016/679, the Ministry must provide you with information regarding the Ministry’s handling of personal data when we collect personal data from you. We process your data for recruitment purposes only. We would like to keep your data until the specific position has been filled. We cannot estimate the exact period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position. When that period is over, we will delete your data. You can read more about how we process your personal data here: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark Privacy Notice.
The Trade Council is a part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and is the official export and investment promotion agency of Denmark. The Trade Council benefits from around 90 Danish Embassies and Trade Offices around the world. The Trade Council advises and assists Danish companies in their export activities and internationalisation process.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.