The Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai
Job description / Role
Commercial Advisor in Tech for the Trade Council of Denmark at the Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai.
The Royal Danish Consulate General in Dubai is currently looking for a Commercial Advisor in Tech. The advisor will join The Trade Council (TC Dubai) team of 10 people in Dubai, the regional hub of The Trade Council of Denmark in MENA (TC MENA).
Deadline: March 7, 2021. Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Starting date: As soon as possible
TC Dubai is mandated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark to promote Danish commercial interests in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, and Iraq. Most of the demand in TC Dubai focuses on the UAE but we work closely with trade colleagues in Danish embassies in Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, KSA, and Iran. The advisor team in TC MENA are all part of a variety of regional sector teams such as Tech, Health, Energy, Water & Environment, Food & Agriculture, and Aviation.
You will be responsible for deal origination by identifying a need in either the public or private sector in the UAE, Qatar, and Iraq, which can be bridged through already established and matured Tech solutions by Danish companies.
This role will require you to develop a deep knowledge of Danish strongholds with a focus on GovTech and HealthTech and their relevance to the market.
Your main tasks will include but are not limited to:
– Helping Danish businesses to assess markets in the UAE, Qatar, and Iraq, and assist them in developing effective entry strategies.
– Generate Danish export opportunities in the MENA region with a specific focus on Tech in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Iraq.
– Lead generation and outreach to Danish and UAE, Qatar, and Iraq based clients.
– Research and prepare digital content, including UAE, Qatar & Iraq market insights and sector-specific analysis for Danish companies looking to export to the UAE, Qatar and Iraq.
– Feasibility Studies, Fact Finding and Partner Search & Development.
– Risk Advisory and Due Diligence.
– Government Relations & Public Affairs.
– Efficiently manage a constantly changing workload covering a large number of clients, within internally and externally driven timeframes.
– Planning and implementing virtual and in-person seller-meets-buyer events and commercial/strategic workshops with both the public and private sector.
– Contribute to knowledge creation within TC MENA and The Trade Council globally, by sharing information and embracing best practice.
– Maintain and build on existing networks of government, industry and company contacts in the UAE, Qatar and Iraq.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.