Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
This Dubai based role is the lead on-the-ground liaison for all things between CNN and CNN Business Arabic. He/She will be a member of the CNN Business Arabic management team and will be responsible for providing editorial guidance, as well as route sensitive queries appropriately. He/She will work closely with CNN International’s leadership and newsgathering teams and the CNN Sales teams to ensure CNN’s high standards during the launch and consolidation of the new CNN Business Arabic digital platform.
The Executive Liaison will report directly to CNN and partner with CNN Business Arabic teams to help support CNN Business Arabic in newsgathering, including newscasts, breaking news, features and other content to ensure that editorial quality and CNN standards are met and delivered. While not overseeing editorial, He/She will review content as appropriate, and help improve stories to ensure coverage is thorough and competitive, establishing and achieving editorial goals and deadlines.
This role will work closely with CNN International newsgathering and leadership teams on any immediate and long-term planning, particularly stories in the Middle East and the surrounding areas. This person will also need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in the UAE – in local language – as well as stakeholders across the network to ensure that all relevant parties are well informed. This person is also expected to serve as a resource for CNN or its affiliates, particularly during breaking news, as appropriate.
- Act as a trusted advisor to both teams, building a bridge between CNN and CNN Business Arabic by developing a thorough, robust and easy day-to-day working relationship between the two entities.
- Responsible for flagging any clear problems, advising on how to alter and amend when required.
- Ensuring maintenance of editorial excellence by offering counsel where necessary, steering the CNN Business Arabic to strive for excellence.
- Maintaining clear channels for communication with CNN and colleagues in Dubai, as well as managing stakeholders across the network and keeping all relevant parties well-informed.
- Managing and routing any sensitive queries or addressing any issues through appropriate channels.
- Liaise between Atlanta and Dubai, as the member of the local management team with a direct reporting line to CNN.
- Whilst not responsible for editorial content, nor bearing any control to shape the agenda, there is an obligation to be present to give advice and counsel, guiding the team to produce content that meets CNN’s standard of excellence.
The Must Haves
- Extensive experienced in Digital and Broadcast media
- Knowledge of newsgathering, editorial and the newsroom itself
- Fluency in Arabic and English is a requirement.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.