Job description / Role
Cluster Director of Revenue Management
Scope of Position:
The Cluster Revenue Director is responsible for working with the commercial team to determine strategic goals and tactical efforts, which drive total revenue to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and Sofitel Downtown hotels. The Director of Revenue is responsible for optimizing the hotel’s and RGI (Revenue Generation Index – measuring the hotel’s position as compared to the competition) sales revenue. The Cluster Revenue Director is then responsible for ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel. This role serves as the objective decision maker that ensures the best interest of profitability is served in the overall hotel as well as ensuring the integrity of rates and long-term customer investment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel.
– Maximizing net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
– Ongoing education of Reservations and Front Office ensuring revenue management concepts are understood
– Monitoring demand and recommend selling strategies.
– Conducting regular audits of PMS, CRS, GRC, GDS, ensuring accuracy of rates, package information and availability.
– Monitoring and executing rate strategies using inventory management tools [CRS, PMS, etc].
– Working with the commercial team to determine effective and engaging offers, which are then offered to the right customer in the right channel.
– Is engaging and supports the hotels selling strategy in all distribution systems.
– Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting.
– Works with DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, using Sofitel guidelines.
– Tracking competitive set pricing and yield strategies, understanding the comp set’s reaction to changes in the marketplace.
– Preparing materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Sofitel guidelines for meeting content.
– Preparing timely revenue summaries as required.
– Overseeing the input of contracted wholesale space for each season.
– Reviewing and providing feedback on commentaries for each market segment.
– Recording, maintaining and analyzing current, historical and statistical data
– Participating in the planning processes for the hotel budget, marketing and strategic plans.
– Providing leadership and guidance to the reservations team.
– Monitoring to ensure telephone sales techniques are employed in such a way as to support our selling strategies and driving customer loyalty.
– Ensuring a clean and safe working environment in accordance to health regulations and adhere to all Sofitel Environmental policies and procedure
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.