Client Control Officer (0000IGPN)
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
This role reports into the Head of UAE WPB and oversees first line control owner performance. This includes but is not exclusive to non-financial risk controls; conduct, sales suitability and operational
The role is operationally focused in nature while requiring excellent day to day delivery capability and strong subject matter expertise.
The role is critical in the context of our growth strategy and will provide clear ownership of any action plans required to oversee this. It involves close interaction with senior management in liaising with regulators, auditors and other external bodies. The role holder will support the safe growth of the Bank by ensuring WPB activities align to the non-financial risk strategy, challenging senior leaders to avoid introduction of risk.
In this role, you will:
- Accountable for ensuring control owner framework clearly defined and operationalized across first line control owners ensuring robust risk governance and all stakeholders have visibility of key risks and remediation activity.
- Setting, communicating and monitoring risk appetite in line with business requirements.
- Facilitating controls remediation where required.
- Raising awareness and understanding of risks, controls and risk management.
- Continuously improving the control and monitoring of risk, including behaviours
- Accountable for subsequent tracking, monitoring, governance related to and overall performance of our first line controls
- Accountable for implementing an end-to-end review of the core processes, including full documented process mapping to cover both client experience and control framework. This should be built as a repository that can be used to review and upgrade over time
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor Degree is a must – to secure a UAE Visa and Work Permit
- Deep technical experience in compliance and NFR risk frameworks
- Previous experience in Risk Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment (risk, regulatory, political, competitors etc.).
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives across multiple functions.
- Ability to distil complex and varied information into useful, insightful and concise recommendations.
- Ability to identify, assess and communicate the need for risk management intervention in complex, fast paced environments. Clear understanding of the evolving market trends that impact the credit and fraud environments for the customers and the Bank
- Proven track record in driving robust business performance, leading and managing change, particularly in sizeable and dynamic organization environment
- Ability to seek out and improve on best practice and capability
- Strong business acumen, organizational, strategic planning skills
- Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills with the ability to navigate across senior stakeholders and business partners
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. Different ideas and perspectives help us innovate, manage risk and grow the business in a sustainable way. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Under the New Labour Law, only fixed term contracts shall be available to all employees of HSBC UAE (except DIFC and ADGM employees) – hence in line with the term of work permit, a 2 years’ contract would be issued
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.